To-Do This Month: May
This month has been a busy one, personally and as the seasons go. This time of year is when things really start kicking into gear - bees are busy and need a lot of monitoring as does the garden. And this is also when things begin to roll-over into the next months list, because its hard to keep up!
Here is my List for the Month:
- Plant : Beans, Cucumbers, Tomato and Pepper transplants, Sunflowers, Okra, Squash/Melons, Herb transplants (sage, oregano, rosemary and thyme which are difficult to grow from seed)
- Succession Plant: Radishes (in shaded spots), Carrots, Beets, Beans
- Start seeds for late season plantings: Cabbage, Broccoli, Kale, Cauliflower
- Mulch Peas, Broccoli and Cabbage to keep cool and prevent weeds
- Weed, Weed, Weed!
- Watch for insect pests and regulate as needed
- Water in drought periods
- Begin more frequent bee checks (every 5 days or so) to watch for queen issues and honey amounts